- Will the technology improve information delivery?
- Does it empower the learner toward achieving a goal?
- Will it expand the “instructional territory” the learner is traversing?
- Is the new technology a complement to the instructional objectives?
- Will the learner benefit from using this technology?
- Can the new technology be integrated into the existing instructional structure?
In addition, the technology must provide a real benefit to the learner, and be integrated with sound instructional design principles.
The question we should ask is, will the new technology expand the learner’s territory in a positive way by providing a greater potential for interactivity, collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and personal development?